How to set up enhanced conversions for Shopify with the global site tag
For this method, you must have the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) installed on your Shopify store. We recommend following Shopify’s guidance available here to install the Global Site tag onto your store.
To set up enhanced conversions, follow these steps:
- From the Measurement - Conversions page you were on earlier, you should see Tag type. Select Global site tag, then Edit code and Use event snippet.
- Go back up on the page to the ‘Tag Setup’ section and click Google Tag Manager. From here, you need to get both your Conversion ID and Conversion label - save these for later use.
- Next, from your Admin page, go to Settings, then Checkout, and finally Additional Scripts. Copy all of the code blocks you see here and keep them somewhere safe, just in case you need them in the future.
- Locate your conversion script on that page.
- Copy the code below (don’t paste it anywhere just yet):
- You’ll need to update these sections of the code with your own information:
- gads_aw_id - Add the Conversion ID that you saved earlier, after the ‘AW-’ part.
- gads_send_to - This is your Conversion ID and Conversion label.
- product_id - This is the product ID format that’s used in your Google feed.
- merchant_id - Your Google Merchant account ID.
- feed_country and feed_language - Simply the country and language of your feed.
- Paste the code with your updated information into the Additional Scripts section.
If you’ve followed all of these steps, enhanced conversion should be set up correctly.
This guide is informed by information from Analyzify, which built the code used above.